The Sabalo is a 12ft 30″ beam Sit on Top kayak design from Jem Watercraft.
Will be building this for the Wifey! Hopefully done by Fall 2020
- Bank of Montreal @ the JunctionI say it a couple times every year. I need to take more photos. So today I took out the camera, blew off the dust and I’ve decided to start up a photo blog again. Old style buildings are fun in Toronto. We don’t have a lot of history or old buildings in the city. … Read More “Bank of Montreal @ the Junction” »
- Closing off the Kayak and Recessed HandlesThe first recessed handle took like a week to make. I guess I did learn a lot from the first one, as I was able to knock out the 2nd in 1 night. I than had to cut a hole in the front and rear decks to accommodate the recessed handle. The shoulder of the … Read More “Closing off the Kayak and Recessed Handles” »
- Mounting the cockpit and tankwellSorry, updates have been very delayed and lacking. I’ve also not taken too many photos. I think after a while its just a lot of little details and the Kayak didn’t look too different. For this post we’ll talk about mounting the tankwell and cockpit. A few things had to be done before that happened. … Read More “Mounting the cockpit and tankwell” »
- Interior Fiberglass and framesOk, fiberglassing the interior I thought was gonna be fast and easy. Since looks don’t really matter. Turns out I was wrong as usual. Basically it felt like as soon as you did one section it would tug a bit on another section and the fillet areas would always end up with air bubbles. Near … Read More “Interior Fiberglass and frames” »
- Its Fiberglassing Time!First time fiberglassing. There seemed to be two methods. The CLC method of doing sections at a time and Nick Schade’s method of saturating the fiberglass everywhere and coming back to squeeze out the excess. I had estimated this step would take a bit over an hour based in Nick Schade’s video. Well, the Sabalo … Read More “Its Fiberglassing Time!” »